Founded in 2018 AddCode is a fully dedicated engineering team focused on developing long term solutions in collaboration with our clients.
At AddCode we believe in giving our people autonomy to work. We encourage people to take ownership and initiate their ideas. We love to explore the newest tech and will find ways to implement it into our work where it can add value to the project.
We offer a multicultural environment, collaborative space combined with knowledge sharing and our remote working policy helps our people to have a healthy balance between work and personal life.
As a Senior iOS engineer at AddCode, you will work on Europe’s leading train and coach booking app.
In this role, you’ll be building applications for the iOS platform alongside a very skilled product team. The mobile team has around 20 people split across both iOS and Android and is based in London, Paris and Porto.
You’ll have the opportunity to build and deliver software within a very big and interesting project, both in terms of the product and the methodology. We work in an Agile environment (Scrum) with a test-first mindset (actually, writing code without tests should be unthinkable) and we are also big advocates of pair programming and nothing is released until we have a code review.
One more little thing: Our app is almost 100% Swift!
As an AddCode Software Engineer, you will be expected to exemplify the highest standards in software engineering along with a passion for the product.
- 3+ years experience building amazing iOS apps
- You are very comfortable programming in Swift
- Extensive knowledge of Cocoa Touch, Xcode and iOS SDK
- Experience working with Objective-C (some legacy code remains)
- Knowledge of SOLID Principles
- Experience with the MVP and/or MVVM pattern
- TDD mindset (Unit, Integration, Regression)
- Ability to write testable code and good debugging skills
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Passionate for creating a great user experience
- Experience working with remote teams
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Legally able to live and work in Portugal
- Health Insurance
- €2,000 yearly allowance for training/conferences
- €1,000 flexible budget (e.g. hardware budget, parking lot or monthly pass)
- Mentorship through fortnightly 1:1s
- Work in an international team
- Office located in the city centre (near Trindade)
- Very friendly and informal environment
- A stocked fridge with the things you like to eat (yes, we have a trello board just for that)
- Paid Travel & Accommodation plus extra costs
- Flexible Working Hours & Remote Working