Founded in 2018 AddCode is a fully dedicated engineering team focused on developing long term solutions in collaboration with our clients.
At AddCode we believe in giving our people autonomy to work. We encourage people to take ownership and initiate their ideas. We love to explore the newest tech and will find ways to implement it into our work where it can add value to the project.
We offer a multicultural environment, collaborative space combined with knowledge sharing and our remote working policy helps our people to have a healthy balance between work and personal life.
As a Senior .NET engineer at AddCode, you will work on Europe’s leading train and coach booking platform.
In this role, you’ll be working alongside a very skilled product team and your main focus will be to provide an outstanding customer experience. We are a distributed team and your teammates are based in London, Paris, Porto and Poland.
You’ll have the opportunity to build and deliver software within a very big and interesting project, both in terms of the product and the methodology. We work in an Agile environment (Scrum) with a test-first mindset (actually, writing code without tests should be unthinkable) and we are also big advocates of pair programming and nothing is released until we have a code review.
As an AddCode Software Engineer, you will be expected to exemplify the highest standards in software engineering along with a passion for the product.
- You have 4+ years of experience working with .NET (.NET 4.6 or newer. .NET Core is also a good great to have)
- You have experience with AWS services like SNS, SQS, S3, Lambda, and many others
- Scalable distributed computing (Services/Microservices)
- TDD mindset (Unit, Integration, Regression, Acceptance, InMemory tests)
- Experience with HATEOAS Driven REST APIs
- Ability to write testable code and good debugging skills
- A person who is always up to date about the best practices of software development
- Passionate for creating a great user experience
- Experience working with remote teams
- Asynchronous event-driven communication
- Good communication skills and fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- Legally able to live and work in Portugal
- Health Insurance
- €2,000 yearly allowance for training/conferences
- €1,000 flexible budget (e.g. hardware budget, parking lot or monthly pass)
- Mentorship through fortnightly 1:1s
- Work in an international team
- Office located in the city centre (near Trindade)
- Very friendly and informal environment
- A stocked fridge with the things you like to eat (yes, we have a trello board just for that)
- Paid Travel & Accommodation plus extra costs
- Flexible Working Hours & Remote Working